If you have trouble determining what paperwork stays and goes, you’re not alone! This is a challenge for so many. Here are 5 kinds you can clear your home of right now!
- Manuals and warranties for items you no longer even own! This can include that old oven you replaced a year ago, a car you traded in in 2009, and the Barbie dreamhouse you assembled 3 Christmases ago.
- Receipts for items that are either no longer returnable or that you no longer own.
- Outdated homework, permission slips, and fundraising flyers that always come home weekly in your kids’ backpacks.
- Irrelevant notes and hand-outs from past meetings and conferences from long ago.
- Tax returns that are older than 7 years. Yes, the IRS says it’s okay! One note: if they are business returns, consult your CPA or tax accountant first.)
What’s the hardest thing about dealing with paper? Share with us in the comments!