The change of season is a fantastic time to really look at what we use before we store it away for another year. Let’s take a look at a few organizing projects that are perfect to work on during a change of season!
- Outside toys: Will the pool noodles hold up for another year? How about that chewed up Frisbee? The water guns still holding up? If the answer is no, go ahead and toss them. Why let broken and leaky toys take up valuable space in your home?
- Sports Equipment: Same rule applies, especially with safety gear. If your kids won’t fit into their bike helmets, dirtbike protectors, or lacrosse mask next year, let it go.
- Lawn/Gardening Stuff: Once you mow/edge/trim for the last time this year, take a few minutes to empty the gasoline out and clear the debris off of your mower, trimmer, etc. A little bit of maintenance goes a long way!
Clothing & Shoes
- Take stock of your kids’ clothes, shoes, and camp gear. If they won’t fit or last through another season, it’s time to toss or donate them, depending on condition.
- For the camp gear, designate a trunk or storage tote for each child, with everything they take to camp. Make next summer easier!
- The same rules apply to our own clothing and shoes! If any pieces of this summer’s wardrobe won’t last another summer or no longer fits, why take up valuable closet space? Adios, blown-out sandal!
Are there certain projects that you always do when seasons change? Share with us in the comments!